The Story Behind The Tiki Teacup
I love making my own tiki cocktails at home. I recently found some clear teacups at an antique store and was inspired to create a tropical tea cocktail! I added two types of rum, plus juices and homemade hibiscus simple syrup.
- 1 ounce white rum
- ½ ounce pineapple rum
- 1 ounce brewed tropical white tea
- ¼ ounce pineapple juice
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce hibiscus simple syrup (recipe follows)
- Edible flowers and pineapple fronds for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake to combine, and then strain over crushed ice.
- Add simple syrup.
- Garnish with edible flowers and pineapple fronds, if using.
Hibiscus Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dried hibiscus flower
- 1 cinnamon stick
Hibiscus Syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- Strain out solids into a clean bowl or jar and let cool before using.