The Story Behind The Simple Syrup Recipe
Simple syrup is one of the most commonly used components in your favorite cocktails, and it's just as easy to make as it is popular. Bartenders consider simple syrup an excellent substitute for sugar, and it is often preferred to other forms of sugar. It makes mixing cold beverages and chilled ingredients easier, and it balances out the bitterness of alcohol in a drink. You can even experiment with the recipe to change the ratio of sugar to water, or add in extra ingredients to personalize your syrup to your liking. In fact, you probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen, so here's an easy Simple Syrup recipe to get you started mixing your favorite cocktails at home.
Ingredients In The Simple Syrup Recipe:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of granulated or brown sugar
- Extra ingredients for flavoring syrup (optional)
Simple Syrup Recipe Directions:
- Pour the water and sugar into a saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low flame until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear.
- Remove the pan from heat once the edges begin to simmer.
- If desired, add any flavor to the liquid and cover the saucepan.
- Let the solution cool completely, and remove any flavoring ingredients.
- Mix the syrup into your cocktail or store it in a glass container for up to a month.