Careers At VinePair
Pull up a barstool and join our team. We're always looking for passionate and talented people.
VinePair is looking for an incredibly motivated and experienced Managing Editor to run our editorial team with our co-founders Adam Teeter and Josh Malin as we continue to build the most impactful drinks lifestyle publication in America. We’re looking for someone who is hard working, excited about working in a startup environment, resourceful, and passionate about our brand. If this is you, plus you love the world of media, drinks, travel, and lifestyle, and you’re a killer editor that has a passion for telling important stories that drive the conversation, we should talk.
This position would be responsible for closing the site daily, managing 3-4 daily features, a cadre of freelancers, and editorial budgets. You will help drive the editorial direction of the publication. Additionally this role will be intimately involved in the creation of VinePair’s biannual print publication.
We are looking for a candidate with great editorial vision that is looking to continue our current fast-paced growth while commissioning stories that make an impact and win accolades. The ideal candidate is passionate about VinePair’s mission, “Drinking is Culture,” and will combine creativity and strategy to continue to grow this dynamic publication.Job requirements include:
- Direct digital strategy and develop brand voice, with an eye toward audience growth.
- Edit and manage staff writers
- Oversee a global network of contributing writers, and continue to expand freelancer database
- Create daily, monthly, and annual editorial calendars
- Edit and produce the site daily, including work by staff and freelance writers
- Schedule and oversee weekly editorial pitch meetings
- Manage all editorial budgets
- Use traffic reports, SEO trends, and analytic tools to grow the site
- Conceptualize, assign, edit, and manage twice-annual print magazine
- Collaborate with design, marketing, sales, and events teams
- Occasionally represent VinePair at company and industry event
- Experience as an editor for a similarly sized publication (4-5 million monthly readers)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Flawless grammar and spelling
- Ability to stay organized and meet deadlines
- Knack for finding new writers and identifying great stories
- Passion for journalism, not just book-report writing
- Knowledge of Wordpress a plus
- Must be able to work full-time in our New York City offices.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Equity - so that you can share in VinePair’s future success
- Room for advancement
- Health & Vision Insurance
- Great social events, monthly parties and other team outings
- A fantastic work hard/play hard start up environment
Interested? Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.