Pull up a barstool and join our team. We're always looking for passionate and talented people.
VinePair is seeking a full-time Staff Writer to join our editorial team. The ideal candidate is passionate about food and beverage, and excited to join a fast-paced newsroom in a dynamic startup environment. This position includes daily blogging and reporting, and offers considerable growth opportunities for features writing.
At VinePair, drinking is culture. Started in 2014, we reach more than 3 million readers monthly. Our editorial covers everything from thoughtful long-form features and essays, to industry trends and profiles, to viral breaking news on our popular Booze News vertical.
Staff Writer salary is commensurate with experience. This position will receive equity.
- Writing daily stories for VinePair.com.
- Selecting, writing, and producing highly shareable news posts for our Booze News vertical.
- Collaborating with art, social media, and marketing departments.
- Staying abreast of trends and breaking news.
- Developing thoughtful editorial in a fast-paced newsroom.
- Helping us grow, diversify, and innovate our presences on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and other social media channels.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with writers, winemakers, bartenders, sommeliers, and other alcohol-world authorities to bring fresh perspectives and ideas to the site.
- Occasionally attending industry events.
- 2-3 years in journalism, preferably food and beverage, and preferably digital.
- Deep knowledge of food and beverage industries.
- Passionate about finding and developing stories about culture, nightlife, entertaining, and food and beverage.
- Wine experience a plus.
- Enthusiastic about working for a fast-paced startup.
- Able to generate clean copy and dynamic headlines.
- Comfortable juggling multiple deadlines.
- Familiarity with SEO.
- Able to work full-time in our New York City offices.
Does this all sound awesome? Then send your resume, links to your five best clips, and links to your social accounts to email@example.com