The Story Behind The Frozen Eggnog
Bartender Will Benedetto has created drinks lists for NYC's beloved Drexler's and The Fox Bar & Cocktail Club in Nashville, among many others. He partnered with Refinery Rooftop, a year-round space atop Manhattan’s Refinery Hotel, to launch this kicky frozen eggnog. Spiked with Pyrat XO Rum, and spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, it’s an indulgent chiller.
The straightforward recipe is easily batched to serve at holiday parties; or, if you happen to find yourself in New York City, stop by Refinery Rooftop for a glass with philanthropic appeal. All proceeds from this drink will be donated to the B+ Foundation, an organization devoted to pediatric cancer research and awareness.
Ingredients In The Frozen Eggnog:
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ounces granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 6 ounces whole milk
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 3 ounces Pyrat XO Rum
Frozen Eggnog Directions:
- Whisk the eggs until smooth and creamy. (Alternatively, blend them in a blender.)
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring slowly to combine.
- For best results, chill overnight.