The Story Behind The Snowy Sour
As the air gets cooler and winter creeps in, I’m looking forward to the first snowfall of the season. This cocktail is all you will need to help you through. I took a classic sour cocktail and elevated it with a winter-citrus-infused simple syrup, made by combining clementine, orange, and honey with sugar and water. All the flavors came together really well, and the gin and fresh lemon juice amalgamate beautifully.
Ingredients In The Snowy Sour:
- 1.5 ounces gin
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ¾ ounce winter citrus syrup
- 1 egg white
Snowy Sour Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard to chill and combine.
- Strain out ice.
- Shake hard again to create a silky consistency.
- Finely strain into your cocktail glass.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Winter Citrus Simple Syrup
Ingredients In The Winter Citrus Simple Syrup:
- 2 ounces clementine juice
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces honey
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1 cup water
Winter Citrus Simple Syrup Directions:
- Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat element and stir while cooling.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes to an hour.