The Story Behind The Turmeric Rickey
The Turmeric Rickey was made for summer. It combines London dry gin, lime juice, and soda water with Von Humboldt’s Turmeric Cordial, a new liqueur infused with turmeric, the wellness ingredient du jour.
Created by Steven Grasse, the mastermind behind Sailor Jerry and Hendrick's gin, Von Humboldt's turmeric spirit is easy-drinking enough to sip on over ice. Here, it adds a lovely, vegetal quality to a classic Gin Rickey. We gilded the lily with a slice of cucumber, though a wedge of your juiced lime would also do the trick.
Ingredients In The Turmeric Rickey:
- 2 ounces Von Humboldt’s Turmeric cordial
- 1/2 ounce London dry gin, such as Plymouth
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Club soda to top
- Cucumber garnish (optional)
Turmeric Rickey Directions:
- Combine lime juice, gin, and cordial in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake to combine and chill.
- Pour into a Collins glass with ice, and add soda to top.
- Garnish with a cucumber sliced vertically using a mandoline or a steady hand.