The Story Behind The Strawberry Daydream
Two types of citrus give this cocktail a fresh, summery vibe, regardless of the season. If you can get your hands on fresh strawberries, they’ll provide the best sweetness and color for your syrup.
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce ruby red grapefruit juice
- ¾ ounce strawberry syrup (recipe follows)
- Strawberry and edible flower for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake for approximately 30 seconds to chill and combine.
- Double strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a strawberry and edible flower, if using.
Rate This Recipe:
Strawberry Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
Strawberry Syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer until the sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Cool, then strain into a jar. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.