The Story Behind The The Traditionalist Sangria
For many, Sangria means dry red wine, a bit of sweetness and some nice chunks of fruit. Knowing that most people don’t have liqueurs or brandy on hand when they’re in the mood for Sangria, we created this homage to the classic that utilizes orange soda instead.
Ingredients In The The Traditionalist Sangria:
- 1 bottle of dry red wine
- 1 cup Orangina (can substitute Fanta)
- 2 apples cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup of chunked pineapple
- 2 oranges cut into 1 inch chunks
The Traditionalist Sangria Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher with ice and stir to combine.
- If you want the concoction a bit sweeter, add more of the Orangina to taste.
- Allow the Sangria to sit for at least 15 minutes before serving so the flavors can meld. The longer it sits, the better it will be.