The Story Behind The Autumn Sangria
Those of us feeling unprepared for sweater weather will appreciate this in-between, tasty seasonal sangria. Made with cinnamon-infused apple juice, a splash of pomegranate, citrus, and crisp white wine, it’s the perfect way to embrace autumn without totally kissing summer goodbye.
Ingredients In The Autumn Sangria:
- 1 ½ cups apple juice, divided
- Two cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups (one bottle) dry white wine
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- Optional additional garnishes: cranberries, lemon slices, pomegranate seeds, cinnamon sticks, rosemary sprigs
Autumn Sangria Directions:
- Bring 1/2 cup apple juice to a simmer on the stovetop. Add cinnamon sticks and let sit, covered, for seven to 10 minutes. Uncover, stir, and discard cinnamon. Let cool.
- Fill a large pitcher with all juices, including the cinnamon-infused apple juice.
- Add wine and sliced apples, and stir to combine.
- Chill well, and serve over ice with more apple slices and optional garnishes.