The Story Behind The Autumn Sangria
Those of us feeling unprepared for sweater weather will appreciate this in-between, tasty seasonal sangria. Made with cinnamon-infused apple juice, a splash of pomegranate, citrus, and crisp white wine, it’s the perfect way to embrace autumn without totally kissing summer goodbye.
- 1 ½ cups apple juice, divided
- Two cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups (one bottle) dry white wine
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- Optional additional garnishes: cranberries, lemon slices, pomegranate seeds, cinnamon sticks, rosemary sprigs
- Bring 1/2 cup apple juice to a simmer on the stovetop. Add cinnamon sticks and let sit, covered, for seven to 10 minutes. Uncover, stir, and discard cinnamon. Let cool.
- Fill a large pitcher with all juices, including the cinnamon-infused apple juice.
- Add wine and sliced apples, and stir to combine.
- Chill well, and serve over ice with more apple slices and optional garnishes.
Rate This Recipe:
Sangria Variations To Try:
- The Traditional Sangria - Looking to keep your Sangria classical? Look no further. The Traditional Sangria Recipe makes the perfect pitcher of classic Sangria!
- Refreshing White Sangria - Lighten up your Sangria game with this Refreshing White Sangria recipe. Made with cucumbers, Sprite, and crisp white wine, the recipe is a crowd pleaser!
- Bubbly Celebratory Sangria - This Bubbly Celebratory Sangria Recipe is perfect for your next special occasion. Made with sparkling wine, it's fizzing up with fun.
- Delightful Rosé Sangria - This recipe combines two of your favorite things in the world: Sangria and Rosé.
- Sangria In A Flash - Have no time to spare. Our Sangria In A Flash Recipe takes less than a couple of minutes to make.
- Hennessy Sangria - The perfect summer drink, the classic Sangria gets an upgrade with a splash, or glug, of Hennessy.