The Story Behind The Hennessy Sangria
As a lover of wine, sangria is undoubtedly one of my favorite cocktails during the summer. Whether it's made super sweet or super strong, sangria is always full of great flavors.
I first fell in love with sangria while studying abroad in Spain six years ago, and I’ve always wanted to create my own special blend. While I typically prefer using red wine over white, sangria is a cool, refreshing drink that can be customized to fit your own unique taste.
In addition to my wine obsession, I also appreciate cognac -- specifically Hennessy V.S. Taken straight up, on the rocks or with a splash of ginger ale, Hennessy has a full flavor that I simply can’t resist, no matter what the occasion.
So, with the days of summer dwindling down swiftly, why not combine two of my favorite tastes to create a special treat? Sangria is typically made with rum or brandy, but I thought this would be a great opportunity to put my spin on the traditional recipe. If you’re looking to kick your sangria up a notch, check out this simple Henny Sangria recipe that your friends and family will certainly love at the next cookout.
Ingredients In The Hennessy Sangria:
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced into small pieces
- 1 Gala apple, chopped and cored with skin
- ½ lime, sliced into small pieces
- 1 bottle of a light- to medium-bodied Spanish wine
- ¾ cup of S. Pellegrino sparkling water
- ⅓ cup of Hennessy V.S (feel free to add more, depending on your taste)
- Ice to chill
Hennessy Sangria Directions:
- Add orange and lime slices to an empty pitcher and muddle with a wooden spoon.
- Next, toss in the chopped red apples and then pour in the entire bottle of wine, stirring to combine.
- Then add sparking water and Hennessy.
- Stir and taste.
- If you'd like it a bit stronger, add some more Hennessy, then chill in the fridge for an hour and serve in glasses filled with ice.
- Garnish with a slice of apple, lime and orange.