The Story Behind The Strawberry Pineapple Margarita
Unbelievably Labor Day weekend is already here, which means fall weather isn’t far behind. And that means that while it’s still warm outside, we’ve got to savor every bit of summer we have left, because winter is right around the corner.
This Labor Day weekend, to celebrate the last gasps of summer I’m blending up frozen drinks and having a fiesta. My drink of choice features tequila, fresh strawberries, and pineapple juice, creating a festive drink that embodies a party atmosphere.
I usually tend to blend up a pitcher of the margarita-like concoction before my guests arrive, so that there’s an immediate drink available, and then blend a couple of more batches as the night progresses. So before we say goodbye to warm summer vibes, let’s have one last summer fiesta and drink these margaritas all night long!
- 1.5 ounces of tequila
- 3 ounces of pineapple juice
- 4 strawberries, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon of agave nectar
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt to rim serving glass
- 1 cup of ice
- Fill a cocktail blender with tequila, pineapple juice, strawberries, agave nectar, and ice.
- Blend mixture until smooth and rim serving glass with salt.
- Pour mixture into serving glass. Garnish with a strawberry.