The Story Behind The Honeysuckle Tequila Sour
Honeysuckles are sweet and flavorful, and are growing like crazy right now. I am using them as much as possible in syrups, which give drinks a deliciously light, floral note.
The tequila base here adds a wonderful earthy undertone and is balanced perfectly by chamomile and pineapple.
- 1 ½ ounces tequila
- ½ ounce chamomile liqueur
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- ¾ ounce honeysuckle syrup (recipe follows)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients.
- Strain into a highball cocktail glass over fresh ice.
Honeysuckle Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1/2 cup fresh honeysuckle
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
Honeysuckle Simple Syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes to infuse, tasting frequently to determine desired intensity.
- Let the infused simple syrup rest in cool space, such as your refrigerator, for 10 minutes before using.