The Story Behind The Last Summer Fizz
From Portland, Ore.'s Trifecta Tavern comes this green Chartreuse-spiked gin fizz. Inspired by the Last Word, it features a homemade lime cordial for bright, zesty sweetness.
- ½ ounces gin, such as Tanqueray 10
- ¾ ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce green Chartreuse
- ¼ ounce lime cordial (recipe follows)
- 1 egg white
- Seltzer, to top
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker without ice, and dry shake.
- Add ice and shake again.
- Fill a Collins glass with fresh ice, and pour in cocktail.
- Top with seltzer and garnish with mint.
Lime Cordial Ingredients
- 7 limes, zested
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot water
Lime Cordial Directions
- Combine lime zest, juice, and sugar in a bowl and let stand overnight.
- The next day, add hot water to dissolve sugar, stirring.
- Strain into a clean container and store, covered, in the refrigerator.