The Story Behind The Blueberry 75
This spin on the French 75 — a great classic cocktail — will have you dreaming of picking fresh berries in rolling fields. The blueberry simple syrup gives it a pretty color, and can also be added to sparkling water for a sweet, fruity kick.
- 1 ounce gin
- ¾ ounce blueberry simple syrup (recipe follows)
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- 2 to 3 ounces Champagne
- Edible flower for garnish (optional)
- Add gin, blueberry simple syrup, and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake to combine, and then strain into a Champagne flute.
- Top with Champagne and garnish with edible flower, if using.
Rate This Recipe:
Blueberry Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Blueberry Simple Syrup Directions
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Let the syrup cool, and then strain out solids.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator.