How To Make The Best Gimlet Recipe
The Gimlet is a gin-based cocktail that's been around since the Jazz Age, if not earlier. The recipe is quite simple, but there are multiple schools of thought on how to prepare it. Gin is always the base, but from there disputes arise. If you're using fresh lime juice, some simple syrup is in order. If you're using Rose's (which some insist you must), no added sugar is needed. Some traditional recipes call for a splash of soda, and other's don't. It really comes down to personal preference. And if you don't like gin? Swap in vodka and you're good to go.
Ingredients In The Best Gimlet Recipe
- 2 oz Gin
- ¾ oz Lime
- ¾ oz Simple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in shaker tin.
- Add ice to small shaker tin.
- Shake vigorously, until tin is frosted over.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with lime wheel and enjoy.