The Story Behind The Groovy Gimlet
I love taking classic cocktails and making my own variation at home by substituting a fun ingredient. With the summer temperatures increasing, I have been craving tropical cocktails so I decided to make a Gimlet with toasted coconut syrup! To make it even more festive I decided to bring out my purple gin and the Groovy Gimlet was born.
- 2 ounces Butterfly Pea Tea Gin
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- ¾ ounce toasted coconut syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake for approximately 30 seconds to chill and combine ingredients
- Fine strain into a Nick & Nora glass
- Garnish with edible flower
Rate This Recipe:
Toasted Coconut Syrup Ingredients
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Toasted Coconut Syrup Directions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread coconut flakes on a baking sheet evenly.
- Bake for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the flakes start to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once your coconut flakes are at room temperature, add them to a medium saucepan with 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water over medium heat.
- Simmer until the sugar dissolves.
- Strain out the coconut solids and cool syrup before use. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.