The Story Behind The Winter Margarita
This festive pear and cranberry Margarita has wintry, holiday vibes, plus a pop of Mexican flavors. Reposado tequila adds notes of caramel, vanilla, and spice, and balances the sweetness from the fruit. I added a bit more spice by rimming the glass with salt and chili powder.
If you are having a party and want to serve a crowd, this cocktail recipe is easy to batch up as a punch.
- 2 ounces reposado tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce cranberry juice
- ½ ounce spiced pear syrup (recipe follows)
- Salt and chili mixture to rim the glass
- Fresh cranberries and thinly sliced pear, for garnish
- Rim glass with salt and chili mixture. I typically use two parts salt to one part chili.
- Add tequila, lime, and cranberry juices and spiced pear syrup to the shaker with ice.
- Shake mixture, and then strain into a rimmed glass.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and pear fan.
Spiced Pear Syrup Ingredients
- 1 pear, sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
Spiced Pear Syrup Directions
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, and add all ingredients.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved, and remove saucepan from heat.
- Let it cool, and then strain.