The Story Behind The Winter Margarita
This festive pear and cranberry Margarita has wintry, holiday vibes, plus a pop of Mexican flavors. Reposado tequila adds notes of caramel, vanilla, and spice, and balances the sweetness from the fruit. I added a bit more spice by rimming the glass with salt and chili powder.
If you are having a party and want to serve a crowd, this cocktail recipe is easy to batch up as a punch.
The Best Margarita Ingredients:
- Need the right tequila? See our picks for the best tequilas for Margaritas!
- Need the right liqueur? See our picks for the best triple secs and orange liqueurs for Margaritas!
- Short on time? See our picks for the best Margarita mixes!
Read on for the Winter Margarita Recipe!
Spiced Pear Syrup Ingredients
- 1 pear, sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
Spiced Pear Syrup Directions
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, and add all ingredients.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved, and remove saucepan from heat.
- Let it cool, and then strain.