The Story Behind The Oh, Honey
Drag queen Trixie Mattel, to whom RuPaul reportedly once said, “You’re doing things no one has ever done — not even me,” inspired this bright, clever cocktail from The Laureate at San Francisco's Laurel Inn. It gets its color from butterfly pea flower-infused gin. (The bar opts for Beefeater.) If you have edible flowers on hand, they make a beautiful garnish.
- 2 ounces butterfly pea tea-infused gin
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce honey syrup (recipe follows)
- Fever Tree Elderflower Tonic
- 3 edible flowers for garnish (optional)
- Mix gin, lemon juice, and honey simple syrup together in a Collins glass with ice.
- Top with Fever Tree Elderflower Tonic and garnish with three edible flowers.
Rate This Recipe:
Honey Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
Honey Syrup Directions
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer until honey is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.