The Story Behind The Starfruit Mint Bramble
I love Brambles. They are so much fun, and you can always substitute in great seasonal flavors. With spring approaching, now is the perfect time to check out the markets to find fresh ingredients.
I found this delicious starfruit at the markets and couldn’t wait to get it home to try it in a delicious cocktail. The flavor is subtle, making it perfect to pair with a little gin and mint, which are also light, fresh ingredients.
- 1 ½ ounces gin
- ½ ounce crème de mûre
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ¾ ounce mint simple syrup
- 1 starfruit, diced
- Combine gin, lemon juice, mint simple syrup, and starfruit into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard to chill and combine.
- Fine strain over crushed ice.
- Float crème de mûre over the top.