The Story Behind The Plum Sour
In this delicious variation on the classic Gin Sour, I’ve replaced traditional simple syrup with a quick and easy homemade plum syrup. It adds a lot more depth of flavor in this cocktail, and the sweetness mixed with tart lemon is really tasty. This cocktail can be served in a coupe; or, in warm weather, it can also be served over ice in a rocks glass.
Ingredients In The Plum Sour:
- 1.5 ounces gin
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce plum simple syrup
- 1 egg white
Plum Sour Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard to chill and combine.
- Strain out ice and shake hard again.
- Fine strain into coupe glass.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Plum Simple Syrup
Ingredients In The Plum Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 pitted plums
Plum Simple Syrup Directions:
- Combine sugar, water, and plums in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Taste occasionally to ensure sufficient flavor emulsion.
- Let cool, and store in a cool place.