The Story Behind The Healthy Habit
This earthy, herbaceous drink comes to us from Zero Restaurant + Bar, a classy spot in downtown Charleston’s Zero George Street Hotel. Its froth is thanks to kombucha, and the lovely color comes from fresh beet juice, available at health food stores or your local Trader Joe’s.
Lavender-infused simple syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
Lavender-infused simple syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over high heat, stirring. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Continue stirring until all sugar dissolves, three to five minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain into clean container and store, covered, in refrigerator.