The Story Behind The Peachy Summer Sour
I love Cognac — and love working with it to create cocktails that are easy, delicious, and made with accessible ingredients. This Peachy Summer Sour is all of the above, with the added bonus of creating a new, tasty syrup that can be used afterwards in more cocktails, homemade sodas, or even atop yogurt or ice cream.
I used a VS Cognac in this drink because I wanted bright, fresh notes; however, if you want a little more dried fruit or vanilla to come through, feel free to experiment with older Cognacs.
- 1 ½ ounces VS Cognac
- 1 ounce white port
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ¾ ounce peach simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 3 dashes peach bitters
- 1 egg white
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake hard to chill and combine.
- Strain out ice, and shake again to further emulsify the ingredients.
- Fine strain into a cocktail glass over fresh ice. Enjoy!
Rate This Recipe:
Peach Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1 peach, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
Peach Simple Syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, slowly stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Once sugar dissolves, remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain into a separate container and store in refrigerator up to one week.