The Story Behind The Lavender Sidecar
This drink uses lavender bitters and syrup to play on the floral notes of VS Cognac, an abbreviation that stands for “Very Special.” VS Cognacs are made from eau-de-vie that is at least two years old.
- 2 ounces VS Cognac
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce lavender syrup (recipe follows)
- 2 dashes lavender bitters
- Dehydrated lemon wheel, edible flower for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake for approximately 30 seconds to chill and combine ingredients.
- Double strain into a double Old Fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a dehydrated lemon wheel and edible flower, if using.
Rate This Recipe:
Lavender Syrup Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Lavender Syrup Directions
- Simmer all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Strain into a clean container, discarding solids.
- Let cool, and then store, covered.