The Story Behind The I Got You, Babe
New York City’s Grand Banks bar team opened Seaworthy, an oyster and cocktail bar in New Orleans’ Ace Hotel, in 2016. This twist on a classic gin sour is part of a suite of Cher-inspired cocktails, and as timeless as the singer herself. Infusing simple syrup with strawberries at home is a nice way to celebrate seasonal produce, but bottled versions will work in a pinch.
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- ¾ ounce yellow chartreuse
- ¾ ounce Old Raj gin
- ¾ ounce strawberry-infused simple syrup
- Edible flowers or fresh strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a Collins glass and add enough pebble ice so it sits an inch or so below the rim.
- Swizzle to combine.
- Top with more pebble ice.
- Garnish with an edible flower or strawberry, if using.