The Story Behind The Cold Snap
Wintry flavors meet low-proof chill in this ginger-spiced, orange-scented cocktail.
- 2 ounces orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon spiced simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 2 coin-sized slices of ginger, peeled and muddled
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Orange twist garnish (optional)
- Peel ginger and muddle with a mortar and pestle, or finely chop.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake rigorously to combine.
- Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice. Be careful to keep all solids out of the glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist, if using.
Rate This Recipe:
Spiced Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 3 ounces water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp cloves
Spiced Simple Syrup Directions
- Combine cinnamon sticks, cloves, and water to a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a simmer, and then reduce heat and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Strain out cinnamon sticks and cloves. Let cool.
- Spiced simple syrup will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for two weeks.