The Story Behind The Second Summer
Sparkling cocktails can fit any season. In this case, forget winter ever came. The Second Summer recipe features equal parts cranberry juice and Prosecco, plus gin and orange-flavored liqueur. Make it seasonal with a wintry sprig of rosemary or your favorite piney herb.
- 3 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 ounce gin, such as Distillery 209
- ½ ounce orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 3 ounces dry Prosecco, such as Mionetto Prosecco Brut
- 10 cloves
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary sprigs
- Juniper berries
- Fill shaker with several ice cubes.
- Combine cranberry juice, gin, Cointreau, cloves, and one rosemary sprig in shaker.
- Shake until well combined.
- Fill a drinking glass ⅔ way with crushed ice.
- Strain contents from shaker over ice.
- Top with Prosecco.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of juniper berries, clove, and fresh rosemary.