The Story Behind The Mandarin Gin Sparkler
It’s hard to top a cool glass of lemonade during the hot days of summer and warm days of fall. But every day turns into night, and it’s nice to have something a little harder when the day is done (but no one’s judging if day drinking is your thing). For that, you have the Mandarin Gin Sparkler, the hard lemonade upgrade you’ve been searching for.
The fresh lemon juice makes it tart, the sweet mandarin orange syrup sweetens, and the basil adds a bit of complexity. Throw in a shot of gin and some dry sparkling wine and you’ve got a relaxed drink for every hot day of the year.
- 1.25 ounces London Dry gin
- .75 ounce mandarin syrup from a can of mandarin oranges
- .75 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 6-8 leaves of basil
- Dry sparkling wine
- Add gin, mandarin syrup, lemon juice, and basil into a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle basil.
- Add ice, shake for 15 seconds.
- Pour into a serving glass over ice.
- Top off with dry sparkling wine.
- Garnish with basil, mandarin orange, and lemon.