The Story Behind The Cadillac Swizz
Refreshing and eye-catching, and featuring gin and mezcal, the Cadillac Swizz comes to us from the creative bar staff at Bibo Ergo Sum in Los Angeles. This stylish bar has a slightly Art Deco vibe, and is somewhat hidden in Robertson Plaza between West Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Find the Cadillac Swizz on the menu under the “Neon” section, which lists various drinks described as “the life of the party.”
- 1 ½ ounces Plymouth Gin
- ¾ ounce carrot juice
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce Verde Momento Thai Chili Mezcal
- ½ ounce mint syrup
- ¼ ounce Velvet Falernum
- 2 drops saline solution
- Fresh mint and powdered sugar, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously with ice.
- Strain into a Collins glass over fresh crushed ice.
- Garnish with fresh mint and powdered sugar.