The Story Behind The Berry Bee's Knees
If your local farmers' market (or freezer aisle) is flush with berries, you can make this simple, summery gin cocktail any time of year. It’s fresh, fun, and easy to make at home with any extra fruit you have on hand.
- 2 ounces gin
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce honey syrup (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup of mixed fresh berries (I used a combo of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- Add berries to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Add all other ingredients to your cocktail shaker, and shake to combine.
- Double strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with berries and lemon peel.
Honey Syrup Ingredients
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup water
Honey Syrup Directions
- Add equal parts honey and water to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Let mixture simmer until honey dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Cool mixture and store, covered, in your refrigerator.