The Story Behind The Blackberry-Lime Margarita
Margaritas are among the most festive, endlessly riff-able cocktails in existence. One of the best, simplest ways to elevate homemade Margaritas is to incorporate seasonal fruits. Fresh, local fruit can take a cocktail from standard to spectacular — as is the case with this easy-to-make blackberry version.
This simple build on the classic includes ripe, seasonal blackberries, which are then muddled with agave syrup to give the drink a vibrant purple hue and a slightly tart, berry flavor.
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce agave nectar
- 3 blackberries, plus more for garnish
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Muddle agave syrup and blackberries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the shaker with ice, and shake until chilled and diluted.
- Strain into a double Old Fashioned glass with ice.
- Garnish with a few blackberries and a lime wheel.