The Story Behind The Spiced Piña Colada
I don’t think I could be friends with anyone who doesn’t enjoy a good Piña Colada. It’s a quintessential tiki cocktail. I love how many variations are possible, too. The original drink has so many components that you can create a whole new cocktail just by swapping out one (or more) ingredients.
This riff uses a delicious spiced brown sugar syrup, plus a little rum punch trick: If you dash bitters on top of a fully constructed cocktail, they float on top and really pop.
Ingredients In The Spiced Piña Colada:
- 2 ounces white rum, such as Bacardi
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce coconut cream
- ½ ounce spiced brown sugar syrup, such as Monin
- 4 to 5 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
Spiced Piña Colada Directions:
- Combine all ingredients except bitters in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake to chill and combine.
- Strain into a glass over crushed ice.
- Dash bitters on top.