How To Make A Piña Colada
Literally translated as "strained pineapple," the name of this cocktail already tells you a bit about the Piña Colada’s primary ingredients: rum, coconut milk or cream, and pineapple juice. There are countless origin stories and bars who claim to have invented the cocktail - some say it was carefully created by a bartender in San Juan, and some say it was invented at a popular restaurant 2 miles away. We may never know who created the Piña Colada, or where, but it has become a world favorite and the pride of Puerto Rico.
Ingredients In The Best Piña Colada Recipe
- 2 oz White Rum
- 2 oz Coconut Cream
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice
- Pineapple leaf
Piña Colada Directions
- Combine all ingredients, except pineapple leaf, in shaker.
- Add ice to fill.
- Shake vigorously, until shaker is frosted over.
- Fill hurricane glass with crushed ice.
- Strain cocktail into glass.
- Garnish with pineapple leaf and enjoy.