The Story Behind The Glamping, Not Camping
Glamping, Not Camping is a drink as sophisticated and fabulous as it sounds. It is fresh, cooling, and bursting with flavor. The employment of the briny manzanilla sherry as the base, supported with the strength of the rum, is a flavor duo that is reminiscent of a dry salted toffee.
Lime and pineapple add tropical fruit flavors to the mix, while the liqueurs add depth and nuance. Note: This is a recipe for the experienced home bartender or imbiber up for the challenge.
*Pineapple Syrup Ingredients
- 32 ounces organic cane sugar
- 24 ounces water
- 2 quarts pineapple (cubed)
*Pineapple Syrup Directions
- Start sous vide and set to 145 degrees.
- Add sugar and pineapple to the vacuum bag and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add water, seal the bag, and heat in a sous vide bath for 2 hours (or until sugar has dissolved and pineapples have started to break down).
- Plunge the bag into an ice bath once to stunt cooking.
- Fine strain into a container and store. Store in the fridge for one to two weeks, checking it after one week, and then daily afterwards.