The Story Behind The Rosemary Clover Club
The classic Clover Club is a drink that can’t be replaced, but that doesn’t mean we still can’t tinker around with it a little bit. To do that, I’m adding rosemary to the drink to give it an earthy flare. Since ancient times rosemary has been a symbol of friendship, loyalty, and remembrance. So, this ingredient is perfect for Father’s Day this weekend. Instead of serving dad a glass of bourbon why not consider preparing a cocktail with fresh raspberries and rosemary instead?
The aromatic properties introduced into this delicious cocktail through the rosemary are expressed delightfully through the silky egg white froth. The only thing better than the rosemary scented froth on top of this cocktail is the combination of gin, lemon juice, fresh raspberries and raspberry syrup beneath. With these elements coming together, this concoction guarantees to tantalize your senses from the first sip.
- 2 ounces gin
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- 5 raspberries
- ¼ ounce of rosemary & raspberry syrup (recipe below)
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup ice
- Garnish: rosemary sprig
- Combine gin, lemon juice, raspberries, rosemary & raspberry syrup and egg white in a shaker.
- Shake mixture then add ice.
- Shake mixture again, then strain into coupe glass.
Rate This Recipe:
Rosemary & Raspberry Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 sprig of rosemary
Rosemary & Raspberry Syrup Directions
- Heat all ingredients in a sauce pan and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cool syrup then strain into a container.
- The syrup can be stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container for 2 weeks.