The Story Behind The Rosé Port Daiquiri
With the sun finding its way out of the gloom, I wanted to make something light and delicious. I found a great bottle of rosé Port that I had tried previously in some cocktails and loved the taste, so I decided it was fate. I incorporated it into one of my all-time favorite summer cocktails, the Daiquiri, and think it’s an excellent combination.
- 1½ ounces rosé Port
- ¾ ounce white vermouth
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce homemade honeysuckle simple syrup
- Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients.
- Fine strain into a coupe glass.
Honeysuckle Simple Syrup Ingredients
- ½ cup fresh honeysuckle
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Honeysuckle Simple Syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat while stirring continuously.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes to infuse.
- Rest in cool space, such as the refrigerator, for 10 minutes.