The Story Behind The Port of New York
New York has always been one of the world’s best destinations for craft cocktails, and one of the most famous cocktails to come from the city that never sleeps bears the name of the city’s most famous borough, the Manhattan. The Port of New York pays homage to this classic cocktail but swaps out the sweet vermouth for Croft Reserve Tawny Port. In addition to the port, the maple syrup gives this cocktail a much fuller mouthfeel and rounds out the booziness of the whiskey. It’s the perfect drink to keep you warm in the winter.
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- 1 ounce Croft Reserve Tawny Port
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Cherry garnish
- Combine Croft Reserve Tawny Port, rye whiskey, maple syrup, and bitters in a cocktail mixing pitcher.
- Add ice.
- Stir to combine until cold.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with cherries.