The Story Behind The Portside Martini
You can’t go wrong with a classic Martini, but sometimes even the classics need a bit of updating. Here we’re substituting Taylor Chip Dry White Port for dry vermouth to give this classic a more lively and fresh taste profile. The Taylor Chip Dry marries with the gin, brightening up the botanicals and providing a fruitier flavor profile. The cocktail is enhanced by a simple garnish of lemon peel, which brings out the citrus flavors in the port.
It’s a cocktail for all seasons that is incredibly crowd-pleasing, and dead-simple to make.
- 2 3⁄4 ounces gin
- 3⁄4 ounce Taylor Chip Dry
- Lemon twist
- Combine gin and Taylor Chip Dry in a cocktail mixing pitcher.
- Add ice and stir to combine until cold.
- Strain into a Martini glass.
- Garnish with the lemon twist.