The Story Behind The No Compear
Pear takes the spotlight in this equal-parts build from bartender and owner Jill Cockson of Kansas City’s Chartreuse Saloon. Pear brandy and pear liqueur come together with lemon juice and Chartreuse Saloon’s house-made fall syrup, which provides warm spice and just the right amount of sweetness. Served hot or on the rocks, the No Compear truly lives up to its name, a perfect drink suited for the holiday season.
This recipe is part of our 2023 Holiday Cocktail Countdown. Click here to see all of the festive recipes as they publish throughout December.
*Fall Syrup Ingredients
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
*Fall Syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and stir until dissolved.
- Store in a sealed container.