The Story Behind The Sweet New Year
Dipping apple slices into honey is a (delicious) part of celebrating Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. Those same flavors feature in this autumnal twist on a classic Old Fashioned.
- 1/4 ounce honey syrup (recipe follows)
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 1/2 ounces apple brandy, such as Laird’s
- Apple slices, cinnamon, and honey syrup for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except garnish in a rocks glass with one large ice cube.
- Stir, briefly, to combine.
- Garnish with apple slices dusted in grated cinnamon, if using.
Honey Syrup Ingredients
- 4 ounces honey
- 4 ounces water
Honey Syrup Directions
- Combine ingredients in a saucer over medium heat and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator.