The Story Behind The Don Julio Blanco Margarita
The ultimate warm-weather refreshment, the Blanco Margarita proves that simple is always best. Made with Don Julio Blanco, lime juice, and lightly sweetened with agave syrup, the mixture is shaken over ice and strained into a rocks glass. While this recipe lacks the orange liqueur often found in Margaritas, fresh citrus and agave are all that this superior Blanco needs.
- 1 ½ ounces Don Julio Blanco Tequila
- ¾ ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup (recipe below) or agave nectar
- 1 lime wedge
- Combine Don Julio Blanco, fresh lime juice, simple syrup or agave nectar into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Rate This Recipe:
Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1 part sugar
- 1 part water, hot
Simple Syrup Directions
- Combine 1 part sugar and 1 part hot water.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Let cool.
This cocktail recipe is sponsored by Don Julio.