The Story Behind The Hibiscus Fizz
Fizzes can be intimidating, especially when you hear legends of an assembly line of bartenders gathering to shake a Ramos Gin Fizz for 12 minutes straight.
Fortunately, making a good fizz doesn’t have to be an all-night affair. This cocktail combines two popular Mexican ingredients, reposado tequila and hibiscus, with citrus and half-and-half for a bright, creamy base. Add the soda little by little until the foam forms without spilling down the sides of the glass, and your fizz will be ready in no time.
- 1 ½ ounces tequila reposado
- ½ ounce hibiscus syrup
- ½ ounce half & half
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce soda water
- Dried hibiscus for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except soda water and garnish in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake for approximately 30 seconds to chill and combine ingredients.
- Double strain into a Champagne flute, and then top with soda.
- Garnish with dried hibiscus, if using.