How To Make The Best Gin Fizz Recipe
The Gin Fizz is a riff on the traditional sours family of cocktails, with the gin version its most popular iteration. Appearing in print for the first time in 1867, bartender and author Jerry Thomas’ original version included lemon, sweetener, spirit, and seltzer. Today, there are numerous versions of the Fizz that incorporate an egg white for added frothiness, including the arm numbing Ramos Gin Fizz, the Scotch-based Morning Glory Fizz, and the Silver Fizz.
Ingredients In The Best Gin Fizz Recipe
- 1 ¾ oz Gin
- 1 oz Lemon
- 3/4 oz Simple syrup
- As needed Soda
Gin Fizz Directions
- Combine all ingredients in shaker tin, excluding soda.
- Add ice to small shaker tin.
- Shake vigorously, until tin is frosted over.
- Strain into chilled highball glass with fresh ice and soda.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and enjoy.