The Story Behind The Hibiscus Citrus Tea Cocktail
This hibiscus tea cocktail uses the herbal tea made with the dried petals of the hibiscus flower, imparting a tart, cranberry-like flavor and color. Tea is a great ingredient to experiment with in cocktails. Hibiscus not only adds a beautiful hue to the drink, but mixes well with the citrus flavors, and juniper notes from the gin.
- 2 ounces gin
- ½ ounce grapefruit juice
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce hibiscus tea
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake for approximately 30 seconds to chill and combine.
- Strain into a highball glass.
- Fill glass with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a grapefruit slice and mint.