The Story Behind The Gin-Strawberry Smash
Gin, citrus, and fresh strawberries and mint come together in this bright cocktail that’s easy to throw together after a day at the beach or before dinner al fresco. A few dashes of aromatic bitters and fresh lemon juice keep things from getting too sweet.
Strawberry and Mint Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup mint
Strawberry and Mint Syrup Directions
- Combine ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer until the sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool, and then strain out solids.
- Store syrup, covered, in your refrigerator for up to one week.