The Story Behind The French Riviera
When I use Cognac in cocktails, I almost always use VS. It offers all the wonderful flavors you expect from a Cognac and retains the bright, almost “raw” notes needed to stand up to your other cocktail ingredients. I also tend to use yellow Chartreuse more in cocktails because it's sweet, delicious, and more approachable to general consumers.
- 1 ounce Cognac VS
- ½ ounce yellow Chartreuse
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce coconut cream
- 2 dashes apricot bitters
- Edible flowers, for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake for approximately 30 seconds to chill and combine.
- Double strain into a Champagne flute.
- Garnish with edible flowers, if using.