The Story Behind The El Jefe
Double down on your sense of adventure with a spicy, fruit-forward cocktail that is perfect for the changing seasons. The El Jefe gets its kick from a dose of serrano-infused tequila, made by placing chopped serrano peppers into a bottle of tequila, shaking it up, and then allowing them to marinate for three days. After that, we strained out the vegetables and were left with piquant tequila, a perfect foil for tart and sweet pineapple juice. Blueberries thrown in just before the cocktail is shaken create an ombre effect, and the umbrella keeps things tropical. Stir the mix together with some soda water using a trusty swizzle stick, and you’ve got everything you need for a bright, tasty adventure.
Ingredients In The El Jefe:
- 1.5 ounces blanco tequila
- 0.5 ounce serrano-infused tequila
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 0.5 ounce agave syrup
- 1 ounce soda water
- 6 to 8 blueberries
El Jefe Directions:
- Combine both tequilas, pineapple juice, agave syrup, and blueberries in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- In a serving glass with ice, pour in soda water.
- Top the serving glass with the ingredients from the cocktail shaker.
- Stir three times with a swizzle stick.