The Story Behind The Diamond Paloma
Inspired by My Kind of Paloma, a mezcal cocktail created by Kip Byrne at the Matador Room at the Miami Beach Edition hotel, this sparkling riff features Italicus, a bergamot-flavored Italian aperitif. Byrne also rims glasses with pink sea salt, an extra but certainly appealing step.
- 1 ½ ounces mezcal, such as Ilegal
- 2/3 ounce Italicus liqueur
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- Grapefruit soda to top
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Add mezcal, Italicus, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake to combine.
- Strain into a highball glass filled with fresh ice cubes, and top with soda.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.