The Story Behind The Dark Cherry Mimosa
The perfect way to celebrate your Saturday morning (or Tuesday afternoon) is with a fun twist on a Mimosa. Tart grapefruit juice offsets the cherry syrup in this easy, three-ingredient cocktail that’s built right in the glass.
If you love classic cocktails it’s worth investing in quality Maraschino cherries, like Luxardo.
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- 2 bar spoons of Maraschino cherry syrup, from the jar
- 3 to 4 ounces Prosecco, to top
- Grapefruit rind, for garnish
- Combine cherry syrup and grapefruit juice in a Champagne flute.
- Top with Prosecco (or dry sparkling wine)
- Garnish with grapefruit slice and Maraschino cherry