The Story Behind The Sparkling Cosmo
The inspiration for this cocktail came from a girls night last week where we splurged on a few bottles of Champagne and, as per usual, everyone wanted me to make cocktails to get the night going. We were initially saving the Champagne for later in the evening, but as the Cosmopolitans were going down so well, we just started topping them off with the Champagne. This new and improved Cosmopolitan was such a hit that we named it the Sparkling Cosmo and never looked back.
Using fresh cranberry and lime juice in this cocktail makes all the difference, pairing nicely with the light citrus notes in the vodka and the sweet, mellow orange flavor of triple sec. Finally, topping off each glass with Champagne gives the cocktail a celebratory feel while also adding a note of freshness. Here’s to the new Cosmo that sparkles.
- 1.5 ounces of vodka
- ½ ounce of triple sec
- ½ ounce of lime juice
- ½ ounce of cranberry juice
- 1 ounce of Champagne to top
- ½ cup of ice
- Combine vodka, triple sec, lime juice and cranberry juice in a shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain mixture into a martini glass and top with Champagne.
- Add a lime wheel as the garnish.