The Story Behind The Cinnamon Bun Sipper
My nan’s cinnamon buns inspired this drink, which combines spicy rye, cinnamon syrup, and Chila ‘Orchata, a beverage made with Puerto Rican rum, cream, Tahitian vanilla, and cinnamon. While each ingredient is pretty tasty on its own, all together it’s really reminiscent of a cinnamon bun — and sure to be a hit during the holidays and all year long.
- 1 ½ ounces rye whiskey, such as Bulleit
- 1 ounce Chila ‘Orchata
- ½ ounce Monin’s Cinnamon Bun Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir to chill and combine.
- Fine strain into a rocks glass over an ice cube.